Making an Android Mobile device app that uses the IBM Watson Conversation service (as a chat-bot)

A few posts back I mentioned:

Oh, I've also been making a Java Android Mobile application that uses Speech to Text, then calls the APIs of the IBM Watson Conversation Service translates that Text back to Speech and enables you to have a full blown conversation in voice instead of having to type and read messages (also does it in 3 different languages at the moment) - I'll create an article specifically to show you how to do this quickly and easily using the Watson SDK.  Then, "if" my arm gets twisted enough, I might look at porting it to run on iOS (but as I still don't have a iOS device, it might be tricky!)


Well, here it is....






Naturally, I'll be extending and growing this example of using Watson APIs beyond just the Conversation Service.  I think I might interface with the Watson Visual Recognition service for v2.0 - and hook in some of the Augmented Reality stuff that I did a while back....


(It feels good to finally share some techie stuff again)

I also published this to the FORMAL IBM DEVELOPERWORKS website as well.





Comments