Artificial Intelligence & Transhumanist Takeover

Just like buses, you wait for ages and none come....then they all start to come at once.  Same with these posts!

Right, this is something very close to my heart (and brain - pun intended!).  I want/need to sign up to this as soon as I can be a donor.


Here is a TED talk on "ems" - machines that emulate human brains and can think, feel and work just like the brains they're copied from.

Yes, copy of your brain.  This is awesome (well, probably scary for a lot of people thinking of the negatives), but I want to be Clone#7.  I digress.

Economist and social scientist Robin Hanson describes a very possible (near) future when EMS take over the global economy, running on superfast computers and copying themselves to multitask, leaving humans with only one choice: to retire, forever!

Come and glimpse a strange future as Hanson describes what could happen if robots ruled the earth.




As I say, where can I sign up to trials for this?  I want, no, I need this and I need it soon.


Comments