Little Sophia - Hanson Robotics

This was a kickstarter that I backed ages ago... I am actually glad they didn't rush and output something just due to cost / speed as it would have been an "and also" type robot device.


Whereas this robot has evolved, changed and updated as new technology has come along - now, I know very well, that keeping on adding the latest new & shiny can sometimes mean you don't ever have a complete "thing" and there is a point in time where you just have to "go with what you've got", but I'm glad they are taking their time with 'Little Sophia'


Have no idea what I'm talking about?  Check out the latest video here:


In fact it was due to this little robot that I ended up finding out about a tiny little STT / TTS audio chip that is amazingly small & amazingly powerful and REALLY cheap, something like £2 each - now that sort of technology was something I played with about 10 years ago and was about 10 times the size and 10 times lower in capability, so I'm very happy for them to continue doing what they are doing.

Check out the official website HERE


Comments