JavaScript mapping

Stumbled over this funky open-source library that looks pretty cool for 39Kb!

Does the basics...and it's not Google.  nice.      Go visit LEAFLET here.

Leaflet is the leading open-source JavaScript library for mobile-friendly interactive maps. Weighing just about 39 KB of JS, it has all the mapping features most developers ever need.

Leaflet is designed with simplicityperformance and usability in mind. It works efficiently across all major desktop and mobile platforms, can be extended with lots of plugins, has a beautiful, easy to use and well-documented API and a simple, readable source code that is a joy to contribute to.



Yes, I am meant to be doing lots of "other" things... and I am distracting myself...

okay, here's a very quick update on what I was doing last night in relation to getting multiple webcams to be detected at the same time and to analyse both at once for Object Recognition, more specifically facial recognition.


(Well, I certainly got much further than I did back in 2012! Before this Blog was born, so can't show you a link, but I was working in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and well, let's just say, I was a little bit bored)

Why?  Well....remember my robot head?... yep, it has 2 webcams for eyes and I have 4 servos in the head for head movement.  It won't take much (shouldn't do) to keep those blue circles in the eye-line center by sending GPIO signals to the servos to get them to move the head to keep the robot staring at the human looking / talking to it.  Now you know why I'm distracting myself :-)   more to follow.


Looks even spookier when the webcams light up in a neon blue!  video to come later, once I get it all working.

--------------------------------

Okay, so I've been asked the usual question: "Why? why bother?".

good god, some people have no ability to think big do they? right, take the very small concept, prove it and then apply it to something much bigger.  I just happen to be using a robot head, because I 3D printed it about 3years ago when I was building TOBi for Vodafone and then I've let it gather dust.  Now, I'm wanting to prove a concept that I can use the web-cam vision to perform object detection and then react to that in some manner, such as making a servo move.

Let me show you this video..... and then let the pieces fall into place.... (btw - I don't own a drone, let alone 12 drones that I'd need to test this out on, but I do have some hardware that I can use....)


Now...take those drones and make them tanks.... (Oh, I do have radio controlled tanks waiting for some "upgrades", so I'l likely apply this code/hardware to them first)

Comments