PART 1: 3D Printed robot head using OpenCV

I had to create a PAGE for this POST as it was a bit long and included quite a few photo's and videos - I know that hasn't stopped me in the past, but I shall be updating the PAGE when I get a new Raspberry Pi 4....

CLICK HERE TO READ ALL ABOUT IT IN MORE DEPTH

So....what's it all about then?  Well, I have a 3D printed robot head and I have 2 web-cams inside the "eyes" and I wanted to get them hooked up to a device so that I could "see" through them and then detect objects and/or people and then react to those events.



This set me down a path of exploring a couple of different devices, the Raspberry Pi (obviously) and the Rock Pi X (not so well known).  I thought I'd give the Rock Pi X a go, seeing as it is x86 based and is, well, just a bit different to the normal response of, "well, just use a Raspberry Pi" - was that what happened in the end?.... you'll have to read and see!

CLICK HERE TO READ ALL ABOUT IT IN MORE DEPTH



CLICK HERE TO READ ALL ABOUT IT IN MORE DEPTH


Comments