MobileFirst Platform Server v7.1 running on a Raspberry Pi 2....

MobileFirst Platform Server v7.1 running on a Raspberry Pi 2....



Yes, I just did that.  Well, truth be told, I started it back in September 2014 with Worklight v6.2... I know this because I just got around to re-configuring my little collection of Raspberry Pis to use the "new" WiFi router settings.... and upon poking around one of them I noticed a /wlp folder.  It looked like I had gotten quite far, but not quite got it working....and then moved onto doing something else...

... I also noticed I had a Raspberry Pi 2 that I was just using as a Webcam motion detector, which was a bit of a waste really....so I thought, "why not!?!"

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE WALK-THROUGH INSTRUCTIONS ON INSTALLING A FULL BLOWN ALL SINGING, ALL DANCING MOBILEFIRST PLATFORM SERVER WITH APPLICATION CENTER (might get around to the Operational Analytics setup tomorrow)

I know...exciting stuff :-D  I really know how to live.

On a more serious geeky note, once you get to understand how the "parts" fit together for MFP, it doesn't matter if you are installing MFP with WLP (WebSphere Liberty Profile) onto a Raspberry Pi (or a cluster of Pis) or installing MFP with WAS ND (WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment) in an Enterprise on-premise setup or even inside a Docker container running in the Cloud on Bluemix, the building blocks are the same, it's just the size and colour of the lego blocks that change  :-)

Comments