It's all a simulation


Okay, not that one....



How am I only finding out about this now?


Yes, you can opt. for MicroPython, if that's your thing... and there are lots of "extra" IoT components that you can add too.

I added the SDCard and ILI9341 components to the screen above - you can then link them up to the GPIO pins.

You can then write the C code, as you would normally.... and then you can execute the code and DEBUG it normally.

This is quite an interesting concept - I am not sure exactly how many times you can re-flash the actual PICO, but it will have a shelf life... and I reckon over the past 2 weeks, I've probably flashed mine about 500 times!  Obviously, this won't replace the need for actual device testing - but, it will help reduce the code / test / debug / get it right cycle and then once happy then extract out.

Yes, it also won't cater for custom hardware either - but I do believe it does allow you to upload your existing code / libraries and will include them - I need to test out that feature further.




Here's an example project that shows a little LCD screen running in action - okay, it's not super fast, but it is MicroPython and it is running in a simulator!


OH! It's also NOT specific to the PICO - it covers a lot more:



Anyway, thought I'd share as it is a very useful tool!   https://wokwi.com/





Comments