New 3D printer

Okay, so I got very excited a few years back and bought myself a 3D printer, loads of PLA and ABS reels and I even mostly build a 3D human head, fitted with servo's and web cams, hooked it up to an RPi and had it as an assistant of sorts....but I really wanted to print it in a more flexible material.

Then I got very frustrated with all the messing around trying to 'level the bed', so much so that after re-trying simple prints over and over and over again, I just moved the 3D printer to the other side of the room to gather dust.

I thought, I'll wait for an automated self-levelling version to come out and be at the right price and I'll get one of those.

Well, guess what?! Yep...that just happened!

I just ordered myself one of these little beauties....it'll arrive tomorrow:

Good thing is, I have a week off (week after next), so I think there will be much 3D printing going on that week!  I've got lots of things that need to be printed.


Comments