Arduino and Sparkfun ESP8266 WiFi Shield

After blowing the dust off the Arduino 'robots' that have been sitting on a spare desk in the "home office" for the past couple of years, I decided to see how much things have changed in the land of the new buzzword: Internet-Of-Things (IoT).

I just ordered 9-10 items from DFRobot (how did it reach £200!?!), but, as they are in China, it's going to take a little while to receive the parts.  One of the items I ordered was the TEL0047 WiFi Shield for £50.

In my impatience, I set about seeing what else was available.  I discovered the CC3000 WiFi Breakout board for about £30, it looked promising.

Then I found the Sparkfun ESP8266 WiFi Shield at Pimoroni.com for £15 including P&P.  [BUY] button pressed.  Arrived the next day.


Then the fun began.......... [CLICK HERE TO READ ALL ABOUT HOW TO SETUP AND USE THIS WONDERFULLY CHEAP WIFI SHIELD].

If you don't have something hooked up to the internet soon, I'll be very surprised!

Comments