Amazon robot - Astro

 It's a nice idea.

Body structure reminds me of a hoover / dyson style design, so should be pretty good on flat-ish surfaces.

That tablet head though...very much reminds me of my wifes Yoga tablet tacked on top:


I'm not going to go down the usual road of Amazon / Siri conspiracy stuff and privacy issues blah blah blah.... no, I don't have any of the shouting / listening devices in my house, mainly because if I want to find out something I have these old things called "books" and I know how to type to search in DuckDuckGo... it's not quicker to speak and most certainly don't have things connected up to a Ring / Nest or anything stupid like that.  I'm not security certified for nothing you know :-)  it is soooooo easy to hack those things to get into the network and once in... whatever is connected to the WiFi is now connected to me...hey, Astro can I now control you and wander around the house looking for the nice / expensive items, if there aren't any, I'll move onto the next house....


Yes, of course I would purchase one in the blink of an eye - at £740, even at £1000 - not to use though, mainly to get the screw drivers out and take it apart to see how they've put it together and to then make my own.  Shame though...looks like it will be spying on the US resident only :-(


I keep saying it, but, "this year I'll get back to making my robot..." (yawn)




Comments