HuskyLens - AI vision for Arduino/Raspberry Pi

I had a PIXYMON a few years back (it was very expensive at the time) and whilst it did do the job, once the power was removed, it "forgot" everything you'd trained it, so was a bit of a chore.  I still have it someplace.....  but now, the future has arrived and it's better (of course) 


Purchase a HUSKYLENS yourself from DF ROBOT (or via Amazon)

What is it?


HuskyLens is an easy-to-use AI Machine Vision Sensor. It is equipped with multiple functions, such as face recognitionobject trackingobject recognitionline trackingcolor recognition, and tag(QR code) recognition.

  • HuskyLens adopts the new generation of specialized AI chip Kendryte K210. The performance of this special AI chip is 1,000 times faster than that of the STM32H743 when running neural network algorithm. With these excellent performances, it is capable of capturing even fast-moving objects.

  • With the HuskyLens, your projects have new ways to interact with you or environment, such as interactive gesture control, autonomous robot, smart access control and interactive toy. There are so many new applications for you to explore.

Compatible with Arduino, RPi, etc.

Through the UART / I2C port, HuskyLens can connect popular main control boards like Arduino, micro:bit, Raspberry Pi and LattePanda to help you make very creative projects without playing with complex algorithms.

Check out the tutorials and spec's here:  https://wiki.dfrobot.com/HUSKYLENS_V1.0_SKU_SEN0305_SEN0336


Why am I now interested (again?), well, apart from the obvious, "it's AI stuff", I do have a real use-case. HERONS!  I lost a load of fish from my garden pond recently (as I did a few years back) and I'm about to re-stock with about 20 new fish this weekend.....so I want to now setup a HERON-ALERTER!

Detect movement, track, recognise - if it's a Heron, deploy the Radio controlled TANK!

Yes, I'll probably end up adding one to the TANK also, so it'll start to become autonomous......

Comments