3D Printer arrives

After much hassle and delays and patience.....the 3D Printer arrived.

Well, yes, it arrived on a Sunday afternoon.  Whilst I was out.  At Cheddar Gorge, because, no-one is going to deliver anything on a Sunday afternoon are they? it's safe to go out and get some cheese....

nope.  I came back home and found this box on the doorstep.  Yes, it was very wet and soaking up the water.  I pushed it into the porch....
I smiled and thought of positive things, which as it turns out was the right thing to do. The box had a box inside the box, so the 3D printer was well protected.

I did the classic "sweep everything off the dining table" manoeuvre and set about putting it together:

I stuck the SD Card in the side and selected a file that ended in .gcode - I had absolutely no idea what it was, but I just wanted to test everything was okay:

After running through the warm up and levelling the print bed, it looked like it was time to go:

Initially I didn't think anything was happening....

..and then it started to print the base layer:

 ...after some time it had grown quite a bit:

I was still none the wiser on what was actually being printed:

It was now 30% through:

...and still none the wiser?!

hang on a minute, it is starting to take on a shape:

ah!ha!!!

It was pretty impressive to watch:

..mesmerising, in fact:

and there we are, all done.  First print with PLA.  "A-Okay"  :-)




I was impressed that the hand actually had the same lines as in a proper hand (easily pleased, aren't I!)

Okay, that was the first Sunday evening session sorted....now Monday morning has arrived and it was time to move it into the "office" (upstairs).  Oh look, there is a 3D Printer sized gap on the corner of the desk - I wonder how that happened? :-D

Yep....that can sit there printing away, whilst I'm "busy working":

pan out further and you realise there is more going on at "the desk" than just 3D printing:

right, time to order all those servo's, 10Kilos of ABS filament and braided fishing line...ready for the next 3 weeks of printing for the INMOOV robot!

Comments