Hit & Run

Some people just amaze me.... this lady evidently reversed her modern sized car and struck my kustom vanguard quite hard actually causing quite a lot of bodywork damage (est. £5-8k) and then just drove off.

Speechless is the word I would use.

If this CCTV footage did not exist then I'd be stuffed with footing that bill myself.  I'm usually a nice calm zen buddha style person and accept that people have "off days" and that "accidents happen", but you would have noticed that impact and to then just drive off.... well, karma is all I shall say.

More CCTV footage was available, including the car registration, so if the person doesn't come forward then it becomes a Police matter.  sigh.


and yes, there is a sense of irony here.... the car had been in for repair to the "other side", that was a nice £15k bill (bodywork / re-paint / bumper repair / rear diff) and was all finished and ready for me to go pickup.... I guess it'll be another 3-4 months before I get to see / drive the car again.

I'm starting to think she's a little bit cursed - might put it up for sale now... any offers?

Comments