Grrrhhhh.... thieving oiks... let's use technology to do what it does best

On Saturday night, some oiks decided to break into the petrol station at the end of my road - I was not aware of this until late in the day on Sunday.

However, when I opened my front-door on Sunday morning, I noticed my motorhome hab door was wide open and swinging in the breeze & slight rain drizzle.  I was perplexed.  I swear blind I locked it - I always lock it, the foot step was underneath the motorhome and that retracts when you press the key fob button to lock the entire motorhome.  I cautiously walked over, took a look inside - everything seemed okay, the new TV was still attached to the tv-stand, the new swishy handheld hoover was still on the floor, the walkie-talkies were still on the dashboard, nothing looked like it had been moved - I checked a few cupboards and for some reason the fridge! nothing seemed to be missing or moved.  hmmm... I had left the 2 air-vent things in the roof open, maybe it was windy overnight and maybe I had not clicked the door shut properly and somehow that wind had forced the door open... I was not happy with that answer but at the time I had no other info. to draw a conclusion from.

Once seeing the article above and literally seeing that forensics van there when I drove past at 10am, the penny dropped a little bit.

Now, I appreciate times are hard and some people are being forced to do desperate things but come on - there are other ways - I'll stop my comments there.

.....

Now to the TECHIE part of the article.  Yes, I decided to get some technology involved to assist with any future "issues".

I now have a THULE lock fitted that blocks the door completely.  If you want to try & remove this or get it off, it's going to be very noisy, so a nice deterrent.

https://www.thule.com/en-gb/motorhome-accessories/comfort-and-security/thule-universal-lock-_-301408


I have also fitted an outside PIR security camera to watch not only the motorhome, but the whole driveway.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/WONGKUO-Solar-Security-Camera-Outdoor-White-solar-Power/dp/B0922VZTPY/


I now have many "motion detected" videos of the neighbours cat - but I would rather have that and delete them than not have any videos.



Also the new PIR detector above the front-door that lights up the entire driveway will be a deterrent along with the new camera - "if" there is a next time, the "attempt" will be recorded and I'll be getting the authorities involved - apparently I am not allowed to take the law into my own hands. sigh.

Well, let's see if TECHNOLOGY can help with any future events - after-all, isn't that what it should be there for?  I'm still "on the fence" about the motorhome hab door; I've checked it thoroughly and I cannot see any forced marks or any screwdriver marks anywhere, maybe it was the wind?  Either way - am now all setup and prepared for the future.


Comments