Hidden DOS command params

Okay, okay, yes, I know.... who the hell needs to know these?

Well, I do actually!  I've been pulling my hair out trying to make a Bootable CF Card for my IBM PC 110 devices...I've tried all sorts.  Yes, I've booted to a MS-DOS v6.22 floppy disk and executed SYS C: or Format c: /S and all "looks good', then setup all the other files etc... but when attempting to then boot from that CF Card, all I get is a boot up error of I9990302 (or I9990305), which indicates this is not a bootable drive.

Well, now that I've found THIS LINK, I believe that what I need to do is perform an FDISK /MBR (will confirm this later) and this will rebuild the Master Boot Record... if this doesn't work, then I'll describe indepth what I'm trying to achieve and what I've tried and what is failing and then go crawling the internet to find other people who might be able to help....

I've ordered another 3 x Viking 256Mb CF Cards and a 48Mb PCMCIA ATA card just to see whether it is a problem with the 256Mb SanDisk CF Cards that I have got.  we'll see..

Comments