2022 Avatars

How technology has moved on (as it should) since 2017, which was when I was looking into using 3D human virtual avatars.  Back then it was EXPENSIVE and I mean expensive.

Today, however, (as it should) it has dropped to an acceptable pricing.


This company, based in London, UK, has a wonderful offering:

https://www.synthesia.io/


https://www.synthesia.io/

The Personal pricing is shown below:

What does a video credit mean? Well, 1 video credit = 1 minute of video.  So, for $30 per month you get 10 minutes of video per month.  10 minutes is actually quite a long period of time.


Maybe it's time to make 1 minute videos using the Text to Video feature, so instead of writing text like I am doing now, I can still write the text; but feed it into SYNTHESIA and it will make an Avatar speaking the words in a video.  Okay, it's not rocket-science, but it is a novel approach that is way way way cheaper than the offerings I was looking at 5 years ago (https://www.soulmachines.com/)


Yes, I agree - the usage is a bit limited, for instance there is not the 2-way interaction going on with Synthesia avatars, but they are a useful alternative to have a "person" delivering a message or presentation on your behalf.  It would be interesting to see the product roadmap and future plans for Synthesia as this is a technology area that could be very interesting if it were merged with the AI models that are being made and to have that 2-way interaction.

For now though, just being able to make Avatar videos from CODE is actually pretty amazing, no need to setup lighting, do all that powder/makeup stuff, deal with audio/mic issues, handle coughing / distractions etc..etc... just write the script/content and let the technology create the 

I'm pretty amazed as a technical person; as a consumer and as an advocate of this technology.  Might even be tempted to give them a call and see if they have a role for someone like me (although I suspect my grey-hairedness might exclude me from their current employee demographic) - if they do well, I suspect some large corporation might end up adding them to their portfolio ;-)


Go check them out and create a FREE DEMO VIDEO


Here's an example of the free video that i made for my work manager:

https://share.synthesia.io/63f4cfcc-5a35-44a5-abfa-4730a65ce6ef


Saved me having to make a call / speak to him in person :-D 



oh, and how did I find out about this? well, it was actually whilst watching someone elses YouTube video!


https://lifearchitect.ai/roadmap/



Comments